Language Placement Information
Students with prior language experience (from high school, the military, or through other means) should complete a placement test.
Students who place out of the first-semester of language study will earn retroactive credit for the level skipped when they pass the course into which they were placed with a C or better. Students can earn up to 9 credits for completing a single 3-credit hour course and advance more quickly in their language mastery.
- The placement test is available for French, German, and Spanish. For placement in other languages, please contact: email@example.com
- The cost is $20, but you can save money by placing out of any level of a language.
- No credit is awarded for the placement test itself.
- Placing into and completing a second or third semester course is an opportunity to save money, receive credit, and complete requirements early.
- If a student has no prior experience with the language, there is no need to take a placement test. Enroll in the first semester of the first-year sequence.
Step-by-step Instructions for Language Placement Testing