Male student working on laptop in library.

Nondegree or Guest Student

Not all Jaguars are traditional students at the University of South Alabama. Some choose not to pursue a degree. Others may want to take classes while home for the summer on the Gulf Coast.

Students can even take just one class to fill a prerequisite, or enroll in a few courses before entering a degree program. Sometimes these students are called guest or transient students.

Get more information from the Office of Admissions at 251-460-6141 or

All are welcome at South. Education is its own reward.


▼   Application Fee

If you prefer to mail in your application, print out the application form, fill it out and mail it to:

USA Office of Admissions
2500 Meisler Hall
390 Student Center Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-0002

The undergraduate application fee is valid for one year. If you have paid an undergraduate application fee within the past year, you may request to update your undergraduate application to a different term. This will help you avoid paying another application processing fee. To request your application be updated, please complete the Change of Entry Term Request Form.

▼   Admissions Requirements

Guest Students (Transient Students) are degree-seeking students at another institution who wish to enroll at USA (usually for only one term) to transfer course work back to their home institution. Note: Transient students are not eligible for financial aid and must apply for readmission each subsequent semester if they wish to continue at USA.

Required Official Documents: Official transient form which must include verification of good standing from the home institution.

  • Academic Requirements: Verification of good standing and eligibility to re-enroll at the home institution.

Unclassified applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and wish to take additional undergraduate courses for nondegree-seeking purposes. Note: Unclassified students are not eligible for financial aid.

  • Required Official Documents: Official college transcript showing the bachelor’s degree. Individuals with advanced degrees may substitute a transcript showing the master’s or doctorate degree.
  • Academic Requirements: No academic requirements.

Audit Only applicants wish to take college classes but not receive credit for courses. Note: Audit students are not eligible for financial aid.

  • Required Official Documents: No documents are required other than the completed application for admission and processing fee.
  • Academic Requirements: No academic requirements.