Guide for Foreign Individuals
You have identified as a Foreign Individual because you are an individual who has not been granted United States permanent residence as demonstrated by your tax documentation and you are being paid as a foreign individual. This guide provides clear information on how to complete the supplier registration process for Foreign Individuals, as well as how to modify your information when needed.
How does the process work?
To become an University of South Alabama supplier, please request a supplier invitation from the department to whom you will be providing goods or services. You will receive an email notification inviting you to register as a new University of South Alabama payee.
Once you receive the invitation, you will first create a PaymentWorks account and then complete the University of South Alabama registration. University of South Alabama will then verify the information you submitted. If at any point you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Follow the instructions below to create your PaymentWorks account. If you already have a PaymentWorks account, skip to step 3 to complete the University of South Alabama Registration form.
STEP 1: Gather Information
|TIN Type: Social Security Number (SSN), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Foreign Tax ID
|Tax Number or Social Security Number
|Tax Classification Other Description
|Full Name or DBA (Doing Business As)
|Business Phone Number
|Description of Goods or Services
|Primary Full Business Address
|Additional Tax Information if traveling to the U.S.
|Conflict of Interest Information
|Payment / Banking Information
|Accounts Receivable Contact Information
If your country does not require a Foreign Tax ID Number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a unique identifier.
STEP 2: Create a PaymentWorks Account
- Click on the link listed in the email invitation, which will take you to the PaymentWorks platform.
- Click on Join Now.
- Enter the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Email address -This will be your PaymentWorks login credentials.
- Click on Join Now.
- Confirm your email address using the instructions in the activation email sent by PaymentWorks.
- Click on Sign In.
- Log in with your newly created PaymentWorks credentials. This will bring you to the University of South Alabama registration form.
STEP 3: Complete the USA Registration Form
- Log into PaymentWorks with your credentials.
- Click on the Connect tab.
- Use the information collected during step 1 to enter your information on the University of South Alabama Registration form.
- Select a payment method from these options:
- Click on Submit.
|PaymentWorks allows only one account per email address.
|Payment is not disbursed through PaymentWorks. It is a tool to collect vendor information and update as needed.
|Contact supplier onboarding if updating TIN, Legal Name in PaymentWorks. We need to verify this information.
|If you create an account with a different email address than the one the invite was sent to, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.