Patrick Shaw | Associate Professor
Director of Freshman Composition. Specializes in writing program administration, modern
rhetorical theory, and the history of rhetoric.
HUMB 280 | 460-7972 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Gertrude Stein on the Borders of Identity." Rhetoric across Borders. Anne Demo, ed. Parlor Press, 2015: 95-106.
- "Why Richard Weaver Matters." Rhetoric: Concord and Controversy. Antonio de Velasco and Melody Lehn, eds. Long Grove, IL: Waveland Press, 2012: 321-8.
- "Program Assessment and Faculty Development." WPA 2010. Council of Writing Program Administrators Conference. Conference Proceedings. Web.
- "Multiple Murders: The Virginia Tech Massacre, Multiculturalism, and the Death of Tragic Drama." The Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association. 42.4 (Fall 2009): 159-80.
- "Pathos and Paradoxes: Review of Things Kept, Things Left Behind, By Jim Tomlinson." Southern Indiana Review. 15.1 (Spring 2008): 94-6.
- "The Surrender to Ethos: Gertrude Stein’s ‘Introduction’ to The Speeches of Maréchal Pétain." In Chasing Esther: Jewish Expressions of Cultural Difference. David Metzger and Peter Schulman, eds. Santa Monica: Kol Katan Press, 2005: 9-31.
- "God in the House of Motives: Kenneth Burke and the Dream of Medievalism." The Year’s Work in Medievalism, IX (1994). David Metzger, ed. Holland, MI: Studies in Medievalism: 203-219.
- "Review" of The Lost Cause of Rhetoric: The Relation of Rhetoric to Geometry in Aristotle and Lacan, by David Metzger. The Writing Instructor, 1994: 43-46.