Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
BSChE Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The educational objectives of the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering’s
undergraduate program are that, within a few years of program completion, graduates
will have used the knowledge and skills gained through academic preparation and post-graduation
experience so they have:
BSChE Student Outcomes
Graduates of the Chemical Engineering Program at the University of South Alabama will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.