Student Concerns

If you have a concern or question regarding your class or its instructor, it is best to speak with the instructor first about any issue or concern. In fact, the University Grade Grievance Policy requires you to speak with the instructor as the first step. Your instructor is best equipped to address your concerns and effect change. However, students are certainly permitted to voice concerns and solicit advice from the Department Chair or other administrators (Associate Dean or Dean) in the College.

The University of South Alabama has written policies and procedures governing student complaints. To learn more about these please go to: The information at this link details procedures for filing different types of complaints. Students are encouraged to follow these procedures.