Guide for U.S. Entities
You have identified as a U.S. Entity because you are a business that is incorporated inside of the United States, as demonstrated by your tax documentation, and you are being paid as a business/entity. This guide provides clear information on how to complete the supplier registration process for U.S. Entities, as well as how to modify your company information when needed.
If you are being paid an honorarium,
you must enroll as a U.S. Individual, not an entity.
How does the process work?
To become a University of South Alabama supplier, please request a supplier invitation from the University of South Alabama customer to whom you will be providing goods or services. You will receive an email notification inviting you to register as a new University of South Alabama payee.
Once you receive the invitation, you will first create a PaymentWorks account and then complete the University of South Alabama registration. University of South Alabama will then verify the information you submitted. If at any point you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Follow the instructions below to create your PaymentWorks account. If you already have a PaymentWorks account, skip to step 3 to complete the University of South Alabama Registration form.
STEP 1: Gather Information
|Business Legal Name
|EIN (Employer Identification Number)
|Tax Classification Other Description
|Business Name or DBA (Invoicing Name)
|Business Telephone Number
|Description of Goods or Services
|Primary Full Business Address
|Conflict of Interest Information
|Payment / Banking Information
|Accounts Receivable Contact Information
STEP 2: Create a PaymentWorks Account
- Click on the link listed in the email invitation, which will take you to the PaymentWorks platform.
- Click on Join Now.
- Enter the following information for the person creating the account:
- First name
- Last name
- Company name
- Phone number
- Email address: using a generic email address is strongly recommended. This will be your PaymentWorks login credentials.
- Click on Join Now.
- Confirm your email address using the instructions in the activation email sent by PaymentWorks.
- Click on Sign In.
- Log in with your newly created PaymentWorks credentials. This will bring you to the University of South Alabama registration form.
A NOTE ABOUT EMAIL ADDRESSES
We strongly recommended using a generic or group email address to create your account. This address should be associated with your Accounts Receivable department. This best practice is important because the email address you use to create your PaymentWorks account can only be associated with one account and it may not be used to register subsequent accounts.
This is especially important during employee transitions.
Using a generic email address will prevent future difficulties and payment delays.
STEP 3: Complete the University of South Alabama Registration form
- Log into PaymentWorks with your credentials.
- Click on the Connect tab.
- Use the information collected during step 1 to enter your information on the University of South Alabama Registration form.
- Select a payment method from these options:
- ePayables 2-3 business days
- ACH: Based on terms on invoice
- If you would like to receive credit card payments through ePayables, please follow
these steps when completing the payment information section of the registration:
- Select that you do accept credit cards post invoicing.
- Select that you do not charge a fee.
- Select Credit Cards from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the remaining fields.
- Click on Submit.
|PaymentWorks allows only one account per email address. If you have a large umbrella company, different accounts need to be created for each company under that umbrella.
|Submit non-po invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org, not through PaymentWorks.
Submit PO invoices to email@example.com.
|If you are receiving an honorarium, register as yourself, not your company.
Payment is not disbursed through PaymentWorks. It is a tool to collect vendor information and update as needed.
|Ensure that your EIN is valid with the IRS and matches the legal name entered in PW.
It will automatically be returned to you if it is not.
A signed W-9 is preferred over the PaymentWorks-generated W-9. Please remove the checkbox allowing them to create one.
|Contact vendor onboarding if updating TIN, Legal Name in PaymentWorks. We need to verify this information.
ANOTHER NOTE ABOUT EMAIL ADDRESSES
If you are registering a business, it is highly encouraged to add additional users to your account.
If you create an account with a different email address than the one the invite was sent to, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.