Panopto Digital Video Recording
Panopto is a video capture and management tool available to faculty, staff, and students at USA, and it is the primary application for creating and posting video content in USAonline. Users can record presentations that capture camera and/or desktop applications (including PowerPoint presentations), and later share them through embedded lessons, or as links. Panopto has a rich feature-set that includes editing, automatic captions, multi-angle sources, quizzing, student discussions, notes,etc. Instructors can even create assignment folders that allow students to produce and submit their own video-based assignments.
Panopto is available as a tool in USAonline that instructors and organizers add to their course or project site. We strongly recommend users review the ILC’s How-to Guides prior to using this tool.
Learn more about Panopto
You can access How-to Guides for faculty and students as well as get information about Panopto Support in the drop down menus below.
Check out our interactive videos on iorad!
What can I contact Panopto Support for?
University of South Alabama has access to 24/7 support for Panopto Video users.
- Panopto support can be contacted 24x7 for an outage—Please contact support if your Panopto site will not load for multiple users, multiple videos will not process, multiple users can not upload/record, or if multiple users can not view. You can view the Panopto outage map here.
- Panopto documentation—Panopto’s 24x7 team will provide instructions and documentation
from support.panopto.com on Panopto workflows, viewing videos, making recordings,
or editing a video.
**If you are asked to login to Panopto please reference this article: http://bit.ly/panoptosafari
NOTE: There is a known issue with Firefox and Safari web browsers that prevent Panopto from properly authenticating. Please follow the directions linked above. This error could also occur if you are using the Canvas app. If this is the case please use a web browser to access the content. Google Chrome is the official web browser of USAonline (Canvas).
- Troubleshooting error reports and problems during business hours: Panopto will provide troubleshooting for users who have issues recording or uploading videos, or if a video will not process. Note that Panopto will only troubleshoot individual issues Monday through Friday during the hours of 7am -7pm (CST).
How do I contact Panopto Support?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a support.panopto.com login and submit a case. You will need a Panopto account first. Please click here to set up an account. You will need to use your official student/faculty/staff email account or your support request could be denied.
- Call our 24/7 support team at 855-765-2341